Friday, January 04, 2013

Bottled magic

Happy New Year

Yes, part of the 2013 resolution guilt trip was to blog again, if only to try and match up to the prolific amount of spam being directed at this blog's comments section. I hope they're getting more out of this than I did in 2012. I did write to one of the companies being advertised and asked them if they felt good about their name being used in this way. Needless to say, the response was a profound blast of complete and utter silence. I hope they had a good boxing day sale.

First post of the year is something dear to my heart.

It's a bottle that captures any sound, remixes it, and then plays it back to you. It's kind of an aural genie thing. You open the bottle lid and it listens, you close it and it gets to work, you open it again and it plays stuff back to you.

At first I thought it was something leeching off the back of the ever excellent RJDJ, but I'm glad to say it's something very different and quite clever. 

Thumbs up to Jun Fujiwara for coming up with this.


Re: Sound Bottle from Jun Fujiwara on Vimeo.

No comments: