Thursday, December 13, 2007

Flushed away

This blog was started following a conversation about how marketing was getting everywhere, and I wanted to know if anyone had started selling media space on toilet roll (they had). This is kind of an anniversary post, I guess, as I've come across a post on Consumerist about the trend in "premiumization" of everything and Renova's launch of a new upmarket toilet paper.

I already put premium unleaded in my car, and I'm sure at some point I'll be able to inflate my tyres with air from a plethora of mountain ranges (Himalayan breeze / Alpine pump). I reiterate a favourite quote from a long lost friend I grew up with (he's not dead, he went to Australia and got very rich fixing posh peoples cars). "Hurry up man, all you're going to do is wipe your arse on it. Pick the cheapest and we can go."

No comments: